How to apply for Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream, AAIP: Canada has always been a popular destination for international students who wish to pursue their higher education abroad. Many of these students come from diverse backgrounds and bring with them unique ideas and entrepreneurial spirit. The AAIP offers a pathway for foreign graduates in Alberta to establish their businesses and gain permanent residency.
The Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream requires a viable business plan and investment in Alberta’s economy. This article will discuss the eligibility criteria, application process, and post-nomination steps for the Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream under AAIP.
Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for the Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream under the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP), candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have completed at least a two-year post-secondary diploma or degree from a designated institution in Alberta within the last 2 years.
- Business Plan: Candidates must submit a detailed business plan that outlines their proposed business venture and demonstrates that their business will create economic benefits for Alberta.
- Language Proficiency: Candidates must demonstrate language proficiency in either English or French by providing acceptable test results from a designated testing agency.
- Investment: Candidates must have a minimum of $100,000 CAD in investment funds, which can be a combination of equity or debt financing. These funds must be verified by a designated third-party professional.
- Ownership: Candidates must actively involve themselves in the management and operations of the proposed business, and own at least 34% of it.
Meeting the requirements mentioned above does not guarantee nomination under the Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream (AAIP). Points are awarded based on work experience, business ownership experience, and potential job creation in Alberta during evaluation of candidates.
Apply for Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
If you meet the eligibility criteria for the Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream under the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP), here’s how you can apply:
- Create an account with the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP): You can create an account on the AINP website and fill in your basic details. You will use this account to apply for the Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream.
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) profile: Create an account and submit an EOI profile outlining your business plan and investment details. The AINP will use the selection criteria to assess and score your profile. The AINP will extend an invitation to submit a full application if your profile meets the selection criteria.
- Submit a detailed application: If you receive an invitation to apply, you can submit a detailed application that includes all the necessary forms and supporting documents. These may include your educational credentials, business plan, language test results, and proof of investment funds.
- Pay the application fee: You will need to pay a non-refundable application fee of $3,500 CAD when you submit your application.
It is important to ensure that your application is complete and includes all required documents. The AINP may return or refuse incomplete applications. Upon receiving your application, the AINP will review it and may contact you for additional information or documentation.
Overall, applying for the Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream requires careful planning and attention to detail. We recommend seeking professional assistance to ensure that your application is complete and meets all requirements.
Congratulations, if you have received a nomination certificate from the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) for the Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream under the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP). Here are the next steps you should take:
- Apply for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC): After receiving the nomination certificate, apply for permanent residency to IRCC within 6 months, and provide necessary documents such as medical exams and police certificates.
- Once you submit your application, IRCC will review and process it.. The processing time can vary depending on the volume of applications and the complexity of your case.
- Receive a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR): If approved, you’ll receive a COPR document confirming your permanent resident status in Canada. You will need to present this document when you enter Canada.
- Settle in Canada: As a permanent resident, you will have the right to live, work, and study anywhere in Canada. You will also be eligible for social benefits such as healthcare and education.
It’s worth noting that becoming a permanent resident of Canada also entails certain obligations, including complying with Canadian laws and fulfilling tax obligations. The AINP may require you to maintain your investment in the business and provide progress reports.
Overall, receiving a nomination certificate from the AINP is a significant milestone in your journey towards permanent residence in Canada. With proper planning, you can apply for permanent residency and enjoy living in Canada.
Latest Articles about different sponsorship:
- How to apply for post graduate work permit from outside Canada
- How to apply for Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream, AAIP
- Apply for Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot: Permanent Residency In Canada
- Check out the results for Express Entry Draw March 29, 2023
We hope this article about How to apply for Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream, AAIP was helpful to you. If you have any queries/questions related to the Canadian immigration programs, please schedule an appointment with us. Angad Immigration’s lawyers offer support and guidance to validate your profile for suitable immigration programs.