How to get PR in Canada from India? Step by Step Process Canada has been the most popular place to settle as a permanent resident in recent years. International immigrants are drawn to the country by its brilliant infrastructure, high standard of life, employment possibilities, and stable social environment.
Furthermore, Canada’s ability to recover from the epidemic depends largely on immigration. In accordance with plans released by Canada, it will accept 500,000 new immigrants in 2025 and 465,000 new immigrants each year between 2023 and 2024.
Moreover, the commitment of the federal government to accept a growing number of talented immigrants to support the growth of the economy of the nation is continuously improving. Lastly, you can stay and work in Canada if you have a PR status.
Step by Step process to get a PR in Canada
To know how to get PR in Canada from India, the candidate must follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Complete ECA- You should get an (ECA) Educational Credential Assessment certificate to prove you have an equivalent Canadian education;
Step 2: Complete your language test- Demonstrating your fluency in any or both of Canada’s official languages, English or French. The applicant must take government-recognized language exams;
Step 3: Create Express Profile- You must create your Express Entry profile and submit your application through any of the three federal economic immigration programs;
Step 4: Apply for PNP (Optional)- You can also apply for provincial nomination and receive the additional 600 CRS points if you get the certificate;
Step 5: Get an ITA- An ITA is then given to higher-ranked profiles so they can apply for a PR Visa within 60 days;
Step 6: Medical check-ups and background verification- You need to get a police clearance and a complete medical check-up certificate to get PR in Canada from India;
Step 7: Application under Assessment- IRCC will evaluate your Canada PR visa application. Moreover, you need to provide additional information if required;
Step 8: Receive CoPR- Furthermore, you will receive a CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Resident) after your application is positively evaluated;
Step 9: Lastly, you can enter Canada as a permanent resident.
Eligibility Criteria for a Canadian PR
If you are an Indian citizen wondering how to get PR in Canada from India, you must fulfill the following requirements in order to be eligible to get PR in Canada:
1. Age- The minimum age of the candidate is 18 years old;
2. Education- As per Canadian Education requirements, you must have completed at least higher secondary education. In addition, depending on the occupation (NOC Code) you apply for, you can require more advanced skills, or gradation;
3. Work experience- The candidate needs at least 12 months of work experience. However, if you want more points, you must have more than a year of work experience;
4. Language ability- You must be proficient in English or French. Candidate must have a minimum of 6 bands in the IELTS test. Additionally, proficiency in French can help you earn extra points;
5. Adaptability- If your spouse or common-law partner has ties to Canada, you can get points for this category. It shows that your spouse or partner, who has CLB 4 level language competence, has previous schooling, job experience, family ties to Canada, etc;
6. Arranged employment- Lastly, if you have a valid employment offer from a Canadian employer, it can help you gain points.
Latest articles about Immigration
Documents Required to get Canadian PR from India
If you want to know how to get PR in Canada from India, you need to consider reading the following document list to apply for Canadian PR:
- ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) certificate;
- Language test results (IELTS test);
- Medical exam certificate;
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), (when asked by the officer);
- Birth certificate;
- Marriage certificate;
- Proof of funds;
- Other basic documents.
We hope this article about How to get PR in Canada from India? Step by Step Process Canada was helpful to you. If you have any queries/questions related to the Canadian immigration programs, please schedule an appointment with us. You’ll get the finest support and guidance from our best lawyers in Angad Immigration, who will ensure your profile is validated as per the suitable immigration programs.