3 Alberta AAIP Streams for Foreign Workers | Canada PR 2022: AAIP is the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program for those who wish to migrate to Alberta. AAIP is an immigration program that has very less requirements. So, it is quite easy to get nominated by Alberta. Applicants should also note that Alberta has good job opportunities and it has a very low cost of living. Candidates can apply for AAIP through different streams discussed ahead.
Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP) is an immigration program that provides people nominations for permanent residence in Alberta. It is a program run by the governments of Alberta and Canada.
- Potential candidates must have skills to fill job shortages in Alberta.
- Potential candidates must have plans to buy or start a new business in Alberta
3 Alberta AAIP Streams for Foreign Workers
This stream is for those who are already working full-time in Alberta and have a job offer from an Alberta employer. Candidates must have valid work permits to work in Alberta.
Candidates also have to pay an application fee of CAD $500 to apply for Alberta Opportunity Stream.
- The candidate must have a valid work permit which gives the legal authority to work in Canada at the time of application submission and at the time AAIP assesses the application.
- Candidate must work in an eligible occupation (skill levels 0, A, B, C, and D are eligible).
- Candidates having post-graduation work permits must work in an occupation related to their field of study in Alberta.
- Language ability test with CLB 5 for NOC o, A or B and CLB 4 for NOC C or D.
- Education qualification of minimum high school degree.
It is a program for those who already have their federal express entry profile and have the capabilities to meet Alberta’s economic needs. The candidate whose profile will be found suitable by the IRCC will receive a Notification of Interest.
- Candidates must have minimum express entry selection factor points (67/100).
- The candidate must have a valid express entry profile with 3 months left until the expiry date. In case, a candidate’s profile is about to expire then the candidate must delete it and create a new one.
- Candidates must state a reason why they want to settle in Alberta.
- The candidate must have work experience of 12 months in a skilled occupation.
- The candidate must have a minimum CRS score of 300 points.
- Candidates need to show proof of funds.
- Language ability test with a minimum score of CLB 7
- ECA report of at least high school education.
Additional things that would increase the chances of getting an invitation:
- Job offer or previous work experience in Alberta.
- Canadian post-secondary institution graduate.
- Having an immediate relative living in Alberta who is a permanent resident or Canadian citizen.
The above-mentioned points are not mandatory to apply for Alberta Express Entry Stream.
Application fee for Alberta Express Entry Stream is CAD $500
This is a stream for communities in Alberta with ample job opportunities but less population (less than 100,000). These are the regions outside Calgary and Edmonton.
- Minimum language requirement of CLB 4
- Education requirement of high school degree.
- Part-time, casual or seasonal job offers are not eligible.
To know about the advantages of AAIP CLICK HERE
Angad Immigration delivers you the best immigration lawyers in Edmonton and Canada.
Schedule an appointment with us HERE if you need a licensed ICCRC Immigration Consultant to represent your application and streamline your path to Canada
We hope that you found this article about the 3 Alberta AAIP Streams for Foreign Workers | Canada PR 2022 informational. If you have questions/queries related to any immigration program to Canada, please schedule an appointment with us.