Ontario immigration 2022 plans to align with NOC 2021 The Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) has started to consult the public about the execution of National Occupation Classification (NOC) 2021, along with updates in the educational criteria and languages for various Employer streams.
According to the media release on September 6, Ontario is planning toward the alignment of OINP with the NOC 2021 for Canada immigration 2022.
Statistics Canada(StatsCan) and Employment Development Canada(EDSC) are already using the latest NOC system, meanwhile, (IRCC) Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will execute the new NOC system in November.
Ontario immigration (OINP 2022) Changes
The OINP mentions, “This amendment will lower the burden for the applicants of International Student stream applying with the one-year certificates and will offer clarity to the students”. Below are the changes, that the implementation of the new NOC 2021 will put forward.
Ontario immigration 2022 (OINP 2022) puts forward to the applicants of Employer Job Offer Foreign Worker employees to get (CLB) 5 Level or more. Ontario mentions that this new standard will protect the province, and applicants from misrepresentation and various other concerns about program integrity.
Another criterion about the education for this stream is also open for discussion. Ontario proposes to require applicants applying with at least one year of certificate to fulfill the Ontario College Graduate Certificate criteria as per the Ontario Qualifications Framework for Canada immigration 2022.
In the end, Ontario immigration 2022 aims at altering the minimum amount of the administrative monetary penalty for OINP.
Ontario is taking the feedback on these changes until 21st October of the current year. You can also view these amendments by visiting- Ontario Regulatory Registry.
Full details about NOC 2021 are available on IRCC’s website.
Impact of new NOC 2021 on Express Entry
NOC 2021 is expected to be implemented by IRCC on November 16. Any changes in eligible occupations of Express Entry are bound to impact Express Entry Ontario immigration 2022 PNPs eligibility.
Due to the changes in NOC, 16 occupations will remain eligible for Canada immigration 2022 Express Entry candidates:
- Dental laboratory assistants and dental assistants;
- Orderlies and associates of patient service, Nurse aides;
- Payroll administrators;
- Pharmacy assistants and technical pharmacy assistants;
- Secondary and Elementary school teacher assistants;
- Bailiffs and Sheriffs;
- Correctional service officers;
- Truck drivers (transport);
- Bus drivers, transit operators, and subway operators;
- Heavy equipment operators;
- Inspectors in Aircraft assembly and Aircraft assemblers;
- By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers;
- Electrologists, Estheticians, and other related occupations;
- Commercial installers, residential services;
- Fumigators and Pest controllers; and
- Services and Other repairers.
Latest articles about Immigration
- Fraser introduces new updates to modernize Canadian Immigration
- Impact of Canada’s 2022 new NOC on Express Entry immigration eligibility
- OINP vs AAIP 2022 | Difference between Provincial Nominee Program
- Canada immigration 2022 settlement funds requirement increased
The three occupations that will not remain eligible for the Ontario immigration 2022 through OINP are as follows:
- Other performers;
- Milliners, tailors, dressmakers, and furriers;
- Sport and fitness instructors, program leaders, and recreation instructors.
However, these three occupations are eligible under the broader occupational programs like the Provincial Nominee Program streams for Canada immigration 2022.
Angad Immigration delivers you the best immigration lawyers in Edmonton and Canada.
Schedule an appointment with us HERE if you need a licensed ICCRC Immigration Consultant to represent your application and streamline your path to Canada
We hope that you found this article about Ontario immigration 2022 plans to align with NOC 2021 informational. If in case you have questions/queries related to any immigration program to Canada, please schedule an appointment with us. Our best immigration lawyers from Angad Immigration Canada will validate the profile as per the Immigration Program which is best suitable for you.