Leaving your parents on the opposite coast when moving abroad can be difficult. The Canadian government places a strong emphasis on reuniting families. The parents and grandparents sponsorship program is a popular choice within the family class category of immigration streams.
In 2017, the Canadian government introduced a new application process for the parents and grandparents program (PGP). The Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) decided to randomly select 10,000 applications. These applications came from Canadian citizens and permanent residents who want to sponsor their parents or grandparents. The 2018 version of the program includes additional questions. These questions help potential sponsors determine their eligibility based on minimum income requirements.
Parents Sponsorship Canada 2023
Submit the form to express interest in 2021 sponsorships. Stay updated on second-round opportunities. Submit a complete, accurate application before the deadline. Once the sponser is approved and his eligibility is assessed , parents can immigrate. Consider hiring an immigration consultant for a smooth process. We offer in-office and online services, full or self-managed options. Choose from hourly consultations, final reviews, or DIY packages.
Parents sponsorship Canada 2021 Timeline:
- Sponsoring your loved ones:
Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship available on Sept 20, 2021. Submit the Interest to Sponsor form within the 2-week deadline to participate.
2. Selection process:
Canadian government reviews PGP entries, eliminates duplicates. Eligible potential sponsors randomly selected for invitation to apply. If not selected, explore alternative options like Visitor Visa or Super Visa.
3. Results notification:
Potential sponsors who have been selected through the lottery will receive an invitation. It will be purely to apply through email from IRCC. It is important to check the email account that was used when submitting the interest to sponsor form. Additionally, the results of the lottery will be made available on the IRCC website.
4. Submitting sponsorship and residence applications:
The selection to sponsor your parents and grandparents will lead you to the next step. It is where you must complete both the sponsorship and permanent residence applications before the deadline given in your invitation. Make sure to submit all necessary forms, fees and provide all required information. Check IRCC website for further information.
Parents sponsorship 2023 Income requirements
- Sponsor must show income higher than Minimum Necessary Income based on family size, updated yearly.
- Sponsor must provide evidence of income, like CRA Notice of Assessment.
- The minimum income requirement is just one of several eligibility criteria for sponsoring parents or grandparents to come to Canada as permanent residents.
- Other eligibility criteria include meeting the definition of a sponsor, providing a commitment to provide financial support, and passing security and background checks.
- The minimum income requirement may change from year to year and it is important to check the most up-to-date information on the Government of Canada’s immigration and citizenship website.
- The MNI is calculated based on the size of the sponsor’s family and is updated annually.
- The sponsor’s family size for the purpose of MNI calculation includes the sponsor, their spouse or common-law partner, and any dependent children.
Latest related articles:
- Parents sponsorship Canada 2023.
- How to apply for Parents Sponsorship Canada 2023?
- Parents Super Visa Canada latest updates by IRCC.
We hope this article about parents’ sponsorship Canada 2023 income requirements was helpful to you. If you have questions about Canadian immigration programs, schedule an appointment with us.
You’ll get the finest support and guidance from our best lawyers in Angad Immigration, who will ensure your profile is validated as per the suitable immigration programs.