Reside in Canada – Know the 2022 PGWP Canada eligibility criteria Canada is a preferred destination for many international students who are looking to expand their scope in terms of education and lifestyle.
The country is proud of the fact that many international students desire to reside in Canada after completing their graduation. According to the 2022 Canada survey of (CBIE) Canadian Bureau of International Education- “59.4% of respondents” want to become permanent residents of Canada after graduation.
PGWP Canada eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria for the PGWP candidate are mentioned below, we recommend you read them carefully:
- You should complete your studies at DLI in vocational, academic, or professional training which should be of minimum 8 months, and should lead to a degree, certificate or leads;
- Additionally, the candidate should receive an official letter and transcript confirming that you have met the requirements for the program;
- Moreover, the candidate must hold full-time student status in every academic session of the study programs completed in Canada and included as part of the PGWP application;
- You should graduate from a post-secondary public institution, such as a trade, college, technical school or a university, a post-secondary private school (in Quebec), CEGEP (in Quebec), a private post-secondary school (in Quebec) offering a program of 900 or longer hours and results in the attestation de spécialisation professionnelle (ASP), diplôme d’études professionnelles (DEP), a Canadian private school issuance that can award degrees under provincial law.
PGWP eligibility for distance learning
Distance learning students studying at DLI (Designated Learning Institute) because of the pandemic might still be eligible for a work permit. After meeting all criteria there are several specific date exceptions for the eligibility requirement as shown below:
- If all the International students submit the application for study permits before August 31st, 2022, they will remain eligible and can complete their studies;
- Starting from September 1st, 2023, the completed study time abroad will be reduced from the international student’s PGWP length no matter when the student began their studies.
PGWP Canada application process
All the candidates of PGWP Canada have 180 days to submit the application right from the time they get the official letter and transcript which confirms their program completion.
Furthermore, after receiving the transcript and official letter, it becomes easy for you to follow the process of the PGWP application.
You now have to gather the documents mentioned below and the Canadian government should identify them:
- A diploma or degree;
- An official letter from your school;
- Official transcript or a transcript copy from the school website.
Note: You might need to submit some additional documents requested by IRCC.
Latest articles about Immigration
- International students in Canada can work over 20 hours a week
- How can you increase your Express Entry 2022 CRS score?
- Why AAIP is the Best PNP Program For International Students?
Once you have completed this step, you can apply for the PGWP Canada online or if needed on paper. On the basis of whether the applicant is applying from within or outside Canada, the application steps may vary.
Lastly, you should note that you must prove- you currently hold a work permit, you’ve had a study permit in the past or have been approved to study in Canada without a work permit. If your study permit is about to expire- you can either stay in Canada for some more time or apply for a visitor record and apply for your PGWP from outside Canada.
Angad Immigration delivers the best immigration lawyers in Edmonton and Canada.
Schedule an appointment with us HERE if you need a licensed ICCRC Immigration Consultant to represent your application and streamline your path to Canada
We hope that you found this article about the Reside in Canada – Know the 2022 PGWP Canada eligibility criteria informational. If in case you have questions/queries related to any immigration program to Canada, please schedule an appointment with us. Our best immigration lawyers from Angad Immigration Canada will validate the profile as per the Immigration Program which is best suitable for you.