Canada Spousal open work permit eligibility and application process Canada cares for the family union and their well-being and therefore Spousal sponsorship in Canada plays a great role in helping loved ones to stay together.
The Canada Spousal open work permit divides into two sub-sections which are- inland spousal sponsorship and outland spousal sponsorship.
Moreover, you can sponsor your common-law partner or spouse staying outside of Canada for permanent residence (PR) in Canada via Outland sponsorship while it is necessary that your sponsor and the person (foreign national) you are sponsoring should already be living in Canada if you’re applying through inland sponsorship.
Now, let us take a look at the Canada Spousal open work permit eligibility, application process and documents required.
Spousal open work permit eligibility
The Spousal open work permit eligibility requirements are as follows:
- The Canadian sponsor or the foreign national in a common-law or spousal relationship should give an application for permanent residence via the Common Law Partner/Spousal Sponsorship Immigration Program in the inland sponsorship stream;
- The applicant should have a genuine relationship with the sponsor( common-law or spouse) and the relationship should not seem suspicious;
- The applicant in the foreign national work permit category should have a Canadian valid temporary resident status as either a student, visitor, worker or student;
- Lastly, under the spousal or common-law partner, the sponsor in Canada along with the foreign national applicant should meet the eligibility criteria for Canada Spousal open work permit.
Canada spousal open work permit application process
IRCC will send the letter of acknowledgement to the hopeful candidates for the Canada Spousal open work permit before they apply for the work permit in Canada.
After you receive the letter from IRCC, you can apply for the Spousal open work permit online and follow the steps mentioned below:
- You can either sign in or create your account with IRCC;
- Secondly, you need to answer all the questions to receive a Personalized Document Checklist;
- Applicants need to fill out the application form;
- You need to upload all the required documents;
- Finally, submit your application and you can check your application status from your online account.
After reading the Spousal open work permit eligibility, and the Spousal open work permit application process let us now know the documents required for a Spousal open work permit.
Latest articles about Immigration
- How to apply for a Spousal open work permit in Canada?
- What is a Canada Spousal open work permit & its advantages?
- What is Canada Work Permit? How to Get Canada Work Permit?
- When is Parents Sponsorship Canada 2022 expected to open?
Documents required for SOWP
Candidates should keep all the documents ready and then apply for the Canada Spousal open work permit to avoid delay in the application process. Below is the list of documents for the SOWP application:
- Original marriage certificate or Common law declaration form (IMM5409);
- A family Information form (IMM5707 or 5645) if required;
- A copy of passport (including necessary markings, stamps and bio-data pages);
- You also need a Digital photo;
- Funds proof;
- AOR letter (Acknowledgement of Receipt);
- Status proof in Canada;
- Medical exam results (if needed);
- Spouse status proof in Canada;
- Application form fully completed;
- Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) (Quebec Acceptance Certificate) (needed if the candidate is working in Quebec).
Applicant spouse documents:
- Copy of study permit;
- UBC Letter of Enrollment (if needed).
Lastly, follow the Spousal open work permit eligibility process and Spousal open work permit documents carefully to avoid any delay in your SOWP application process.
Angad Immigration helps you get the best lawyers for immigration in Canada and Edmonton.
If you are in need of a licensed Immigration Consultant to streamline your path to Canada and to represent your application- Click HERE to schedule an appointment with us.
We hope this article about Canada Spousal open work permit eligibility and application process was helpful to you. If you have any queries/questions related to the Canadian immigration programs, please schedule an appointment with us.
You’ll get the finest support and guidance from our best lawyers in Angad Immigration and they will make sure your profile gets validated as per the suitable immigration programs.