Difference between Outland and Inland spousal sponsorship Canada Sponsorship is one of the chief avenues by which foreign nationals gain permanent residency in Canada. While applying for sponsorship of your partner you shall be asked to choose between two options – inland sponsorship or outland sponsorship. This article discusses the main difference between Inland spousal sponsorship Canada and Outland spousal sponsorship Canada.
If a permanent resident of the country is in a marital or partnership relationship with a foreign national, then he or she can choose to sponsor the partner to become a permanent Canadian resident. It is important to know the key differences between the two modes of spousal sponsorship for the smooth processing of the application.
Inland spousal sponsorship Canada
The Inland spousal sponsorship Canada is an excellent option for couples who stay together in the country. Foreign spouses or partners with valid temporary visas for Canada can apply for this program. He or she might be working as a professional, a visitor, or pursuing education in Canada.
The inland sponsorship is a great option since the partner is allowed to work in Canada until the time his or her permanent residency application is processed. This alleviates the financial burden upon any immigrant till he or she secures permanent residency.
To be eligible for Inland spousal sponsorship Canada, the partner of the Canadian permanent resident must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- The sponsor must be a Canadian permanent resident
- Both the involved individuals must be at least 18 years of age
- The partner must not have been sponsored for this program during the last five years
- None of the involved individuals must be charged with a serious offence or in prison
Outland spousal sponsorship Canada
This option is suitable for couples who are not living together in Canada. The Outland spousal sponsorship Canada is ideal for foreign nationals who reside abroad and who wish to be sponsored by their spouse or partner who is a permanent resident of Canada.
To be eligible for Outland sponsorship Canada, the following criteria must be met:
- The sponsor must be a permanent resident of Canada or a Canadian citizen
- Both the sponsor and the partner must be at least 18 years of age
- The sponsor in question must not have sponsored a partner in Canada for the last five years preceding the date of application
- None of the involved individuals must be in prison or have been charged with any serious offence.
It is noteworthy that if you happen to be in a conjugal relationship, then outland sponsorship is the only avenue available to you. This is because conjugal relationships are not eligible for inland sponsorship.
Latest articles about Immigration
- How to apply for a Spousal open work permit in Canada?
- What is a Canada Spousal open work permit & its advantages?
- What is Canada outland spousal sponsorship?- Angad Immigration
- What is Canada inland spousal sponsorship – how to apply for it?
If your partner needs to travel abroad during the time his or her permanent residency application is being processed, then it is better to apply for outland sponsorship.
While the process for application of both inland as well as outland sponsorships is relatively straightforward, it should be kept in mind that the processing time is a bit long. It takes approximately 12 months for such applications to be processed. Now that you have read about the key difference between Inland spousal sponsorship Canada and Outland spousal sponsorship Canada, it shall be prudent to waste no time before proceeding with the application process.
Angad Immigration helps you get the best lawyers for immigration in Canada and Edmonton.
If you are in need of a licensed Immigration Consultant to streamline your path to Canada and to represent your application- Click HERE to schedule an appointment with us.
We hope this article about the Difference between Outland and Inland spousal sponsorship Canada was helpful to you. If you have any queries/questions related to the Canadian immigration programs, please schedule an appointment with us.
You’ll get the finest support and guidance from our best lawyers in Angad Immigration, who will make sure your profile gets validated as per the suitable immigration programs.