Documents required for Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP) On February 16, 2022, the immigration department changed its name from AINP(Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program) to AAIP (Alberta Advantage Immigration Program), they also said to add two new streams in the program.
AAIP has changed its process for services and applications, from now on they charge fees for submitting applications and providing services. To know the increases in Express Entry funds, check our detailed article on the Canada Express Entry settlement funds requirement for 2022. However, there is no change in the eligibility criteria of the program.
Documents required for Alberta Advantage Immigration Program
Alberta Immigration Program provides a pathway for many skilled candidates in various fields, people who want to work and live in Canada are welcome to take part in this program. You need to submit the documents and fill out the required forms to apply for the AAIP.
Candidates are encouraged to read the following points carefully to fulfill the requirements of AAIP, only candidates need to submit these documents, not their family members.
List of Documents
- To apply for Alberta Advantage Immigration Program, you need to have a Valid Passport, and upload it with the renewal and expiry date of the passport;
- You must have a work permit, which should meet all the requirements outlined in Alberta permit type standards;
- You should show your Language assessment result. AAIP accepts the following documents only:
- Evidence of Exemption or Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIA), is required and if you don’t have an LMIA, uploading the below-mentioned documents would do the work:
- Exemption requesting letter, to the visa officer;
- Approval of exemption from visa officer;
- You can also provide an IRCC exemption document if you don’t have the above two documents;
- A post-graduate work permit holder is your exemption proof.
- You need to have an ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) and Educational credential documents. There are two types of Educational documents which are as follows:
- Educational credential documents
- You should have all your secondary and post-graduate documents, AIT (Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training) certificate, or Alberta Qualification certificate that can be used to meet the high school requirement.
- You must have your transcripts for your education in Alberta if you are a Post-Graduate work permit holder.
- AAIP asks for a separate document for your enrollment date if it is not already mentioned in your transcripts.
- ECA (Educational Credential Assessment)
- You must have an ECA report if you have not done your education in Canada.
- If you have a degree or diploma from any recognized Canadian technical college or secondary institution, you don’t need an ECA.
- You also don’t need to show your ECA if you have a valid trade or Alberta Qualification Certificate.
- Educational credential documents
- A pay statement document showing the statement of your earnings.
- Income statement for the past 3 months, to show that you are employed and fulfilling the wage requirements in Alberta.
- Your statement should include the pay period and hourly payment, number of working hours, and benefits and deductions.
- AAIP may ask for additional statements to verify work experience in Canada.
- A job offer letter from Alberta and Contract of Employment is required and should meet the minimum job standards, Your offer letter should also have the following points:
- It should have the salary mentioned on it;
- It should be on the letterhead;
- Duration of work;
- Working hours per week;
- Duties of your job;
- You and your employer in Alberta should sign it;
- Contract information of the employer.
- Trade certificate recognized by AIT; you should upload your trade certificate if:
- Your work experience is in an occupation related to trade;
- If you are working in any optional and compulsory trade in Alberta.
- Registration and licensing certificates;
Forms Required for Alberta Advantage Immigration Program
- Alberta Advantage Immigration Program Dependent Authorization Form;
- Alberta Advantage Immigration Program Use of Representative Form.
Latest articles about Immigration
- Canadian Express Entry processing time may return to its normal standards
- Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP ) fees and eligibility Criteria
- Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP ) Different streams
- Canada Express Entry settlement funds requirement increased for 2022
Angad Immigration delivers you the best immigration lawyers in Edmonton and Canada.
Schedule an appointment with us HERE if you need a licensed ICCRC Immigration Consultant to represent your application and streamline your path to Canada
We hope that you found this article about Documents required for Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP) informational. If in case you have questions/queries related to any immigration program to Canada, please schedule an appointment with us. Our best immigration lawyers from Angad Immigration Canada will validate the profile as per the Immigration Program which is best suitable for you.