Canada Atlantic Immigration Program 2023 possible pathways There are four provinces which form Atlantic Canada: New Brunswick (NB), Nova Scotia (NS), Newfoundland and Labrador (NL) and Prince Edward Island (PEI).
In the most recent census in Canada, it is mentioned that in the last decade the number of immigrants in the Atlantic Canad has increased three times. Moreover, there is a 3.5% rise in the percentage of immigrants deciding to call Atlantic Canada their home in the last 15 years.
This article shares with you the possible pathways for immigration to Atlantic Canada, so that you can choose the stream that best suits your needs.
Canada Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP)
The Canada Atlantic Immigration Program was first initiated on January 1, 2022. In this program workers with an existing job offer letter in the Atlantic are exempted from getting an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Furthermore, after the candidate accepts the job offer, the candidate can connect with a designated settlement service provider organization for the settlement plan development and needs assessment.
Below are more details on applying for the Canada Atlantic Immigration Program.
Provincial Nominee Programs Updates
There are currently eleven provinces in Canada controlling the PNP (Provincial Nominee Program) program except for Quebec and Nunavut. Furthermore, through PNP programs the province and territories can select the best foreign nationals for the Canadian labour market needs.
The four Canada Atlantic Immigration Program pathways are as follows:
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
The NBPNP streams for Canada Atlantic Immigration Program are as follows:
- Express Entry Stream: This stream is mainly for people who can meet the specific labour market goals and needs of the province;
- Business Immigration Stream: For the next stream, you should be planning to own and actively manage the business;
- Skilled Worker Stream: You should have a permanent or full-time job offer;
- Strategic ilnitiative Stream: This stream is for francophone immigrants with the needed education, skills, and work experience for the province. The candidates also must want to reside/work in NB permanently.
Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP)
The five streams under NLPNP for Canada Atlantic Immigration Program are as follows:
- Newfoundland and Labrador Express Entry Skilled Worker: This stream is for foreign workers with a job offer and Express Entry profile of eligible candidates in the Federal pool;
- International Graduate Category: For the second stream, you should be a recent graduate holding a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP), and a valid job offer;
- Skilled Worker Category: As the name suggests, this stream is for skilled workers holding a valid job offer. Besides, this stream is for the candidates already in the NL having a valid work permit;
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Category: You must be a post-secondary institute graduate in NL and want to co-own, run, or establish a business;
- International Graduate Category: Similarly, it is a stream for recent graduates holding a job offer along with a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP).
Latest articles about Immigration
- Nova Scotia Immigration Program Updates For 2022: Canada Immigration
- Best PNP programs in Canada to get you PR easily
- Best Ways to apply for Canadian Immigration through PNP programs
Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) for Canada Atlantic Immigration Program
The nine different pathways in the NSNP for Canada Atlantic Immigration Program are as follows:
- Nova Scotia Experience (Express Entry): You don’t need a job offer for this stream but it is mainly reserved for candidates with an Express Entry profile in the Federal Pool of eligible candidates;
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities for Physicians: Candidates in this stream need to have a job offer letter from the IWK Health Centre or Nova Scotia Health Authority as a general practitioner, family or specialist physician. In addition, candidates should also hold a valid Letter of Interest from NSOI and should have a valid Express Entry profile;
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities: It is for those candidates who have a valid Express Entry profile. In addition, candidates should also have a Letter of Interest from the (NSOI) Nova Scotia Office of Immigration.
PEI PNP for Canada Atlantic Immigration Program
The three streams under the PEI PNP for Canada Atlantic Immigration Program contain the following:
- PEI PNP Express Entry: You should have an IRCC (Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada) Express Entry profile;
- Labour Impact Category: Next stream contains a separate stream for Critical workers, Skilled Workers, and International Graduates;
- Business Impact Category: Lastly, it is for foreign nationals willing to invest in a business in PEI.
Angad Immigration helps you get the best lawyers for immigration in Canada and Edmonton.
If you are in need of a licensed Immigration Consultant to streamline your path to Canada and to represent your application- Click HERE to schedule an appointment with us.
We hope this article about Canada Atlantic Immigration Program 2023 possible pathways was helpful to you. If you have any queries/questions related to the Canadian immigration programs, please schedule an appointment with us.
You’ll get the finest support and guidance from our best lawyers in Angad Immigration, who will make sure your profile gets validated as per the suitable immigration programs.