Parents sponsorship program 2022 will invite 23,100 sponsors IRCC (Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada) announced the application process for PGP (Parents and Grandparents Program) 2022, and it will issue an Invitation to apply ITAs to 23,100 potential sponsors over the next 14 days in the Parents sponsorship program 2022. IRCC also mentions that this figure will be enough to reach the target of 15,000 PGP 2022 sponsorships applications.
This week IRCC (Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada) will start invitations a little later and will draw from the candidates who showed their interest in the Parents and Grandparents sponsorship program in autumn 2020. There are currently 155,000 potential sponsors in the pool according to IRCC.
Furthermore, IRCC accepted around 10,000 applicants for the Parents sponsorship program 2020 in a lottery, and from the same pool, last year, IRCC accepted around 30,000 parents’ and grandparents’ sponsorship applications.
Check out: Parents and Grandparents sponsorship program 2022: Latest updates on PGP applicants
Eligibility for Parents sponsorship program 2022
Eligibility for the Parents sponsorship program 2022 is as follows:
- You should have completed your interest to sponsor parents and grandparents form on the IRCC (Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada)website on October 13, 2020- November 3, 2020;
- You should be 18 years old;
- In addition, the candidate applying should be a permanent resident Canadian citizen or should be registered as an Indian in Canada under the Canadian Indian Act;
- Furthermore, you should reside in Canada;
- The candidate applying should have enough finances and meet the MNI (Minimum Necessary Income) to support their parents.
Check out detailed information about- How to apply for the Parents and Grandparents sponsorship program 2022?
Moreover, the main eligible factor for PGP is MNI. You need to provide the MNI (Minimum Necessary Income) proof only after you have expressed your interest in your parents’ sponsorship in Canada via an online form. IRCC will refuse your applications if you don’t meet MNI (Minimum Necessary Income) eligibility criteria.
Sponsors along with co-signers (if needed) are required to provide the (NOA) Notices of Assessment for three taxation years preceding immediately from the date of application.
Latest articles about Canadian Immigration
- What is Canada’s Parent and Grandparent sponsorship program 2022?
- Latest updates for Parents and Grandparents program 2022
- Biggest reform in Express Entry Canada 2022: Canada Immigration
- Parents Super Visa Canada stay period extended by IRCC: Latest Updates
Additionally, sponsors will have to determine their family size, to confirm that they can fulfill the MNI (Minimum Necessary Income) requirement, along with all the persons they are financially responsible for the Parents sponsorship program 2022. You should also be responsible for the following:
- Interested sponsor;
- Your common-law partner or spouse;
- Children who are dependent on sponsors;
- Your partner’s or sponsors’ dependent children;
- Grandparents and parents you want to sponsor along with their dependents like spouse, and children;
- Anyone you have sponsored in the past days, and you are still responsible for them financially;
- Dependent children who are not coming to Canada with their grandparents and parents;
- The spouse of your parents and grandparents, even if they are not coming to Canada;
- Separated spouse of your parents and grandparents.
Read more: When is the Parents and Grandparents sponsorship program 2022 expected to open?
IRCC is minimizing MNI (Minimum Necessary Income) threshold by 30% for the years 2020 and 2021, due to the income loss in the pandemic. Lastly, for the Parents sponsorship program 2022, it will allow benefits of regular Employment Insurance benefits, and temporary COVID-19 will be considered for a sponsor’s income.
Angad Immigration delivers the best immigration lawyers in Edmonton and Canada.
Schedule an appointment with us HERE if you need a licensed ICCRC Immigration Consultant to represent your application and streamline your path to Canada
We hope that you found this article about the Parents sponsorship program 2022 will invite 23100 sponsors informational. If in case you have questions/queries related to any immigration program to Canada, please schedule an appointment with us. Our best immigration lawyers from Angad Immigration Canada will validate the profile as per the Immigration Program which is best suitable for you.