Inland sponsorship allows permanent residents of Canada to sponsor their spouse or legal partner. Canada Inland spousal sponsorship is a great option for working professionals. The spouse of the Canadian permanent resident is awarded an open work permit (OWP) for the tenure during which his or her permanent residency application is under process.
This open word permit allows the said person to work for any Canadian employer in any location within the country. This reduces the financial burden upon the permanent resident as well as his spouse and eases the lengthy process of Canadian permanent residency.
Canada Inland spousal sponsorship
The Canada Inland spousal sponsorship program is intended for those couples who ordinarily stay together within the country of Canada. If your partner or spouse needs to travel out of the country during the processing of Canadian permanent residency, then it is advisable that you opt for outland sponsorship instead.
Read more: Canada Spousal open work permit eligibility and application process
To be eligible for an inland spousal sponsorship, the spouse of the Canadian permanent resident must hold a temporary valid visa either as a worker, student, or visitor.
Steps to apply for Inland sponsorship
The first and foremost thing that any couple should do before applying for Canada Inland spousal sponsorship is to determine whether they’re eligible for the same or not. The following points shall provide you with a rough idea about the same.
To be eligible the couple must fulfill certain mandatory criteria as enumerated below
- Partners should not be below 18 years of age;
- The relationship between the Canadian permanent resident sponsor and his foreign spouse or partner must be one of the following types:
- Spouse: the couple must be legally married as per the law of Canada;
- Common law: if the couple is co-inhabiting for the last 12 months in a marriage sort of relationship then the couple is said to be partners as per common law;
- None of the partners should be bankrupt or wanted for any severe offence under Canadian law.
After determining your eligibility it is time to proceed with the application for inland spousal sponsorship
- Firstly, download an all-inclusive application package from the Canadian government website;
- Secondly, pay the requisite application fees, including permanent residence, biometric, and application processing fees;
- Fill out the entire form flawlessly and affix your signature in the designated spaces;
- Post your application 2 the designated visa office or hand delivered the same;
- Keep checking the IRCC website for any new updates as your inland spousal sponsorship application is under process;
- Lastly, you may be asked to submit additional documents from time to time by the Canadian authorities, make sure you offer the same without delay in order to expedite the process.
- Difference between Outland and Inland spousal sponsorship in Canada
- What is Canada inland spousal sponsorship – how to apply for it?
- What is Canada’s outland spousal sponsorship?
Lastly, the IRCC is continuously trying to make the process of application for Canada inland spousal sponsorship smooth and fast. However, you can expect approximately 12 months for the same to be processed. Therefore it is imperative that you account for certain delays and make plans accordingly.
Angad Immigration helps you get the best lawyers for immigration in Canada and Edmonton.
If you are in need of a licensed Immigration Consultant to streamline your path to Canada and to represent your application- Click HERE to schedule an appointment with us.
We hope this article about What are the steps to apply for Canada Inland spousal sponsorship? was helpful to you. If you have any queries/questions related to the Canadian immigration programs, please schedule an appointment with us.
You’ll get the finest support and guidance from our best lawyers in Angad Immigration, who will make sure your profile gets validated as per the suitable immigration programs.